martes, 20 de mayo de 2008

Therapy

What an exhausting day!!

It started off very relaxing with my Boss’s indifference to the mess that I created, and here comes therapy to make it interesting enough to leave me without energy for the rest of the day.

My walk with Mediana was as pleasant as always, reveling a new side of her that is almost off limits to me, she is a quiet girl, very sweet and very sensitive to everything around her; she is dealing with a lot of peer pressure, trying to resist and getting seduced at times by the “things” that we as parents keep telling her are worthless (clothes, toys, games, etc). It is indeed a very tough world and I just hope that we are enough to help her to balance the whole thing. Sometimes I pretend not to be in shock at the things that she tells me about her friends, how they treat their parents and what they do in the internet. It is very scary.

Therapy was difficult. Erick had this great idea of working with these plastic figures that symbolize my “family system”; I still am amazed at my reaction to see the figures in the floor; the way that I arrange them and re-arrange them makes me cry like a little girl, all this crying lately is very strange; since in the past I only cried when a pinched a finger or something like that (is there anything there?…).

I was going to share the part of my grown daughter trying to stay a little girl forever but that would be too much for everybody, enough with the drama!!

I went to be bed exhausted and with a headache. But I know is all for the better at the end.

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Is it depression? What is it?

Or maybe I'm prying. But. Well, I ask because I went to therapy for years. So I ask. And you are free to not tell me, or tell me.

Maria bonita dijo...

It started as a "Relationship problem with my husband" then it turned out to be a problem that I have been carrying since childhood and it's been six months now. I do not see the end of this thing yet.

Wish me luck, I will keep you informed.

Thanks for asking